Saturday 25 November 2017

Sweet Stampin' - Your Favourite Christmas Colour Combination

It's time for our new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' and these week we want you to use your favourite Christmas colour combination.
Whilst I love the traditional Christmas green and red combination, I do love the more contemporary colours too and in particular silver with purple and blue. Purple of course is good anytime of the year!
I made a masterboard again to make this card. I started off by blending Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet Distress Oxides on an A4 piece of white card and flicked water in it then let it dry. I then applied the same inks through a couple of Christmas stencils in various areas.  Once dry again, I stamped snowflakes, a Christmas sentiment and Christmas trees in silver and white inks randomly on the masterboard and then stamped some more snowflakes in black archival ink. Finally I applied some sparkle paste through a couple of stencils onto the masterboard.
To make my card I die cut a tattered lace decorative rectangle out of the masterboard and added a frame with silver mirricard (even if it does look black on the photo!). I glued the, in place on a 5x7 card base and stamped the Clearly Besotted sentiment. I had in my stash some leftover stamped, watercoloured and fussy cut Penny Black Snowy snowmen. I simply added him on foam tape to the card. Of course, I couldn't resist adding a bit of faux stitching and some stickles to his accessories to finish. 
I can't wait to see what you make this week, just remember to include so stamping to be eligible for our top three. 
Don't forget that I'm running a blog candy Christmas stamp giveaway for my followers. The post is pinned to the top of my blog or you can click here to go directly to the post. Entries close at midnight on 8th December UK time. Hope you all have an amazing weekend x

24 comments:

  1. I much prefer the contemporary Christmas colours as well - blue, pink, silver and gold. A very sweet card - everybody loves that Penny Black snowman!

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara, I love the pop of color (the sky) behind the adorable snowman. Awesome favorite colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card, Cara. I love Snowy and have made several cards and tags already. Love the blue and purple. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually prefer non traditional colours and this is lovely Cara.
    Happy creative weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. V sweet snowman! Maybe I should step out of my traditional red/green and metalic colour combos for Xmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww . . . this is soooo sweet! Love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cara,
    what a very wonderful card and that snowman is gorgeous.
    Beautiful background you have created and the colours look amazing.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite snowman although I have never owned it, a great mistake.
    Super card, love the background colours and the way you have placed the snowman.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, my favourite snowdude ;) Lovin your gorgeous background too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Cara, the background is wonderful and the little Snowman is a real cutie
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cara, that ink work is stunning! I loved reading about your process!! All the layers and techniques!! You created a really beautiful backdrop for your fabulous snowman. Love, love, LOVE this hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card!
    Love your blue & purple background...

    Hugs,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. A sweet snowman and a gorgeous card Cara, love the colours, and design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eye catching colour combination and that image is so very cute x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super card, Cara, the inked panel is just beautiful. I love the cute little snowman. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. He's a little cutie Cara and I love all the lovely shades of blue that you've used, it's a lovely Christmas card. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I am so pleased that you have posted this card - apart from absolutely loving the blue and purple background - I have been searching for this stamp for ages but didn't know the manufacturer. Thank you so much!! x Anne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greetings Cara, wow lovely blue background and just a darling little snowman.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is fabulous and this is just the cutest snowman EVER... love his sweet face :-) and your beautiful background, Cara!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Cara, truly gorgeous card, clever creation indeed, won’t enter the candy , but thanks for kind offer, been followers of one another’s blogs for quite a while, haven’t we? :D
    Think I’m not on WOYWW post somehow so will peek at it too,
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card Cara, love that sweet 'snowy' image, it's a favourite of mine too.Enjoy your weekend mf ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this card, the background particularly with this wonderful snowman. A favourite of mine and one I may end up getting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Cara
    Smashing card and as you say, purple is fab no matter what time of year.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful ink blended background and the snowman is fabulous! I now think I may have to purchase the salty ocean distress oxide as I love how you've used it here Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x