Saturday 8 July 2017

Sweet Stampin' - Photo Inspiration

Saturday, so it's time for a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin'  and this week we have some photo inspiration for you.
I used the colours and the flowers as my inspiration. I die cut the Xcut Just For You panel die and mat and layered it up on a 6x6 card blank. I then stamped and heat embossed flowers from Happy Little Stampers Doodle Flowers, and Craftwork Cards Stamp It III and fussy cut them out. I used white embossing powder rather than black ink to keep the soft feel of the photo inspiration. I added a touch of darker colour to the centre of the flowers with my Zig Clean Colour pens and some nuvo glitter drops to the centre of the flowers to finish.
We're looking forward to see what you create this week using the photo inspiration. Just don't do what I did originally... I made my DT card and I'd planned to stamp the sentiment on it as we're a stamping challenge and so need to see stamping on your cards. I couldn't find the stamp I intended to use and scrabbled about in my stash to find an alternative. It was only after I finished the card that I realised I'd used a a die and so there was no stamping on my card. Cue a last minute rush to create a suitable DT card. To add insult to injury, I left the original card on my craft table and didn't notice that my damp Lawn Fawn Stamp Shammy cloth was touching it until it was too late and the card had absorbed the moisture and bleached the colour and buckled the card. Whoops!

11 comments:

  1. Yes the mis-haps at the end of your post sound very familiar to me LOL x Such a pretty and delicate card and what a fabulous inspiration photo board. Love the layout and your colour choices x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't even admit to some of the crafty mis-haps I have had! I love the ice-cream colours used in this card - very summery.

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Cara, beautifully designed and card, gorgeous Colours TOO.
    Thanks for your advice re cutting out and offer of the precision not too sure what that is or what it does, but I'll check it out, have a lovely weekend, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Cara, love the design and the colour scheme. Shame about your first card, but it will be perfect for Darnell's next Boo-boo Challenge. (Hope you took a photo of it!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Cara, love the flowers they are so pretty :)
    Hugs, Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cara,
    what a very gorgeous card and your design is so pretty and very lovely.
    I love the soft chalky colours and your wonderful design.
    ooooooops! you did have some mishaps.
    Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the inspiration and love all the pretty fussy cut flowers, really lovely card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cara
    We've all been there with the boo boos but this card looks terrific anyway.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's stunning huni! Absolutely gorgeous, clever girl, I must remember the white embossing powder for pastels. I love my Lawn Fawn shammy for cleaning my stamps because I'm not binning loads of baby wipes now Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, I love the layered mats, they are beautiful and why have I never thought to heat emboss my flowers?! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully done Cara, the colours are lovely and perfect for that inspiration pic. The flowers are fab heat embossed like that too, really gorgeous. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x