Saturday 4 March 2017

The Flower Challenge #6


I've been totally neglecting my DT commitments for the Flower Challenge Blog recently, but I'm back on track now (thanks to my lovely teamies for putting up with me!) Anyway, it's the 4th of the month and so time for a new challenge, which is...
I managed to set myself an extra challenge as I needed to make a card, but didn't have time before I went to stay with my parents for a few days. Rather than take my entire crafting stash (which would require a fleet of haulage lorries) I actually packed light and grabbed one set of stamps (The sadly unused until now, Happy Little Stampers "Doodled Flowers"), a black versafine ink pad, an acrylic block, my pot of zig clean colour markers and waterbrush, 3 6x6 card blanks (you always need a spare), two A4 sheets of stamping card, a black fine liner pen, my scissors and some glue gel.
I stamped out lots of flowers and foliage, coloured them with my clean colour pens and fussy cut them out. I jiggled them about on the card blank to create a pattern I was happy with and then decided where yo stamp the sentiment. After stamping the sentiment upside down and sideways on (yes, really) I got it right on my second attempt. I added the images with my glue gel and a cadged cocktail stick from my parents and of course I couldn't resist adding some faux stitching to finish. I think the flowers would have benefited from some highlights with a white gel pen, but I hadn't packed one, Doh!

14 comments:

  1. Wow...Bright and cheerful, full of colour and love the layering of those gorgeous flowers. A stunning card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really bright and beautiful card xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully designed card Cara, such lovely bright colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cara, thanks for swinging by. I know you have had ongoing health battles too. We have been through the wars at the start of this year right! Love this card, those flowers are gorgeous. I LMAO about the fleet of haulage lorries..we are talking about moving and hubby is saying he feels the craft room is adding more to our move costs than is acceptable..to be continued. Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Cara. I love these flowers, they are so pretty stamped in black and also in white embossed for watercolouring. You put the card together perfectly considering you didnt have your truck load of supplies to fall back on. Im glad to hear Im not the only one who goes through a few card fronts with things like upside down stamping. The faux stitching finished it off perfectly. So good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this; those flowers are colored in perfectly and layered too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh Cara, this is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE the colours you chose for your flowers.
    Wouldn't be the first time I stuck an entire card down upside down and didn't realise till I went to put the insert in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These flowers are so cute and you've made a gorgeous card with them. BTW, you should totally enter this card over at Addicted to CAS who have a "doodle" code word.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cara! So nice to have your crafting this month for the challenge - we don't put up with you, we wait until you are ready :) It's a great idea to take a few things away and you put them to great use. Lovely result and love that they frame the sentiment either side. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome floral arrangement, Cara! Beautifully colored and I agree with the white highlights but without any your card looks fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Cara, is so good to have you back!!! :) and you did it with a stunning card. You have impressive fussy cutting abilities, I thought all of this lovely flowers and greenery were die cut!! Beautiful coloring, love the way you framed your sentiment with this gorgeous sprigs of flowers.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful coloring, Cara...and I love this arrangement of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card here Cara, just love your bright sunny flowers and perfect colouring too. Sorry I am late commenting ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well what a way to pull out that set - you rocked it! I love what you did with the Doodled Flowers set. Love it.
    Kylie - owner of Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x