Tuesday 14 June 2016

Hello!



Hello! How's the weather doing where you are? It's been grim here in Lancashire, however, I nipped up to my parent's house near Kendal and it was proper warm and sunny up there, I had to put my sunglasses on. Had to take them off again on the journey home when I got past Lancaster so that I didn't feel like I was driving at midnight though, flippin' typical!
Today's card is another one that came about from my playing with the peony bouquet stamp set on Sunday (only one more after this, you'll be relieved to know).
Once again this image had to be rescued by fussy cutting. I stamped the main flower in purple then blue then navy, but switched to blue then purple then navy for the others using my brilliance dew drop ink pads (another bulk purchase from the old QVC craft days, I haven't even broken the seal on some of them yet!). I only had one shade of green in the brilliance inks and so I just stamped the outline and infill stamp in the same colour.
I embossed a 6x6 card blank with the 6 inch diesire chevron embossing folder and stamped the hello on some scrap card with a Winnie and Walter stamp set and then glued to the card base. A few sequins to finish, and some of them aren't hiding marks for once!

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous...loving the colours (yes know what you mean about not breaking the seals of purchases!). The blue/purple works so well against the crisp white background. Love the texture of the background too and yes I have been known to use embellishments to cover minor mistakes too! Glad none existed this time! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colours on your pretty bloom Cara,and the embossing in the background is lovely, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Cara, I love the colours. The embossed chevron design makes a super background.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rained all day here! No let up for the next few days either. You have perfected the Altenew technique to perfection. I'm still struggling to get the placement right.
    Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Cara, glad that you have seen Sun, that seems to have gone on vacation since I arrived back here...Totally looking forward the Summer work BBQ on Thurs - ugh. I love your card, the colours are stunning and I am loving that Chevron folder - it comes out so crisp.. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Cara! Love the embossing and your big blue flowers, so pretty! Our weather has been close to perfect so far this summer, enjoying every minute of it. Hope you are too. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cara, I too made an album for that occasion, good luck I'm sure it will be treasured.
    Your card is super, those flowers look superb again, great colours and I love the chevron background.
    Weather pants here today, great, more crafting for me!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cara, two beautiful cards love the layers and that fabulous embossing folder. Have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cara, two beautiful cards love the layers and that fabulous embossing folder. Have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cara
    Brilliant CAS card. The embossing looks so crisp. Love it!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooooo pretty Cara! That chevron BG is fab :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x