Saturday 5 March 2016

Happy Mother's Day


It's Mother's Day today in the UK, so I hope all you Mums are spoilt rotten. Apparently the day actually relates to a religious festival when people went back to their "mother" church one Sunday in Lent, which was usually the one they were baptised at. As people travelled further for work they were given time off to do this and so were also able to see their families and so the two became linked. Information courtesy of my Mum!
As you've no doubt realised this is the card I made for Mum this year. I used the Stampendous bulid a bouquet set again. The glass jar actually says Hello on it but a carefully placed leaf hides the word nicely. The sentiment is from a lili of the valley set, I smudged it slightly when I stamped it as I stupidly stamped it after finishing the card. I tried different ways to cover it up, but they didn't look right so in the end I decided to just live with it. I added a few sequins that have a slight shaping to them to finish it off. Fortunately they were flat enough to go at standard postage rate as I'd intended to give the card to Mum as she was due to visit in Friday. Unfortunately my niece was poorly on Thursday so she ended up going over to York to look after her whilst her parents were at work. At least it meant Mum got to spend a bit more time with my sister in the evenings and this weekend. Have a lovely day x

9 comments:

  1. The way you layered the blooms up is excellent. Fantastic colouring on a beautiful card.
    Ha! I zoomed in but could see no sign of a smudge...you must be a real perfectionist. ;-) Perfect placement of that leaf too. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara, a gorgeous card for your Mum, hope you get to see her soon. I bet the card went down well. Smudges what smudges I can't see any! Have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara, a gorgeous card for your Mum, hope you get to see her soon. I bet the card went down well. Smudges what smudges I can't see any! Have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara, a beautiful card for your Mum, I bet the card was appreciated. Smudges I heard you say. What smudges, I can't see any! Have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is absolutely gorgeous Cara. That really is a beautiful set. Very clever the way you covered up with the leaf. I'd never have know. The sequins do look pretty too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great design, the dimension for the flowers is prefect.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful Mother's day card Cara, love how you've layered the bouquet of flowers and coloured it. I too don't get to spend much time with my mum as she lives to far away.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card and beautifully coloured. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty ... great idea to hide your sentiment with a leaf :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x