Thursday 3 March 2016

Coooeeeee!


I'm back! Just keeping you on your toes with two posts today!
One of my friends from the rabbit forum posted some pictures of her Mum in the run up to Mother's Day. Circumstances mean that she only has about 5 photos of her Mum and no other reminders. She shared a picture of them both which was her favourite and so I felt inspired to make her a little something. 
I was heading to Tesco to do the weekly shop and so picked up a 7" square frame whilst I was there. In an ideal world I would have liked a box frame in wood, but time was of the essence. I covered the mount that came with the frame in a sheet of paper from lili of the valley and sliced into the centre diagonally to fold the paper over the edge of the aperture. I printed out the pic on 150gsm paper and glued it to the back of the mount and trimmed to fit and put it in the frame. Although as I said I would have preferred a wooden frame I think that the silver ties in with the grey ones of the photo.
I used a Sue Wilson ivy die on the green paper from the pad and stuck it on the front of the glass with cosmic shimmer glue. I tied a bow in organza ribbon and used glue gel to stick it to the glass. I raided my paper rose stash. The largest roses were originally white, so I mixed a few drops of spun sugar reinker with a tiny bit of water in a spritzer bottle and sprayed it on. I used my heat tool to dry the flowers, in a couple of areas the paper got slightly browned which added to the colour nicely. I stuck on as many roses as I dared with glue gel to finish off. Hopefully it will dry out tonight and I can package it up carefully and get it in the post tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely friend you are. I'm sure she'll love it Cara. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely altered frame Cara. I had to look twice at the middle, yellow post it note!
    Loving the floral arrangement, the silver frame goes beautifully with their soft palette.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that is such a beautiful and thoughtful gift Cara, your friend will be delighted when the postie delivers this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x