Saturday 16 January 2016

You make the world a better place.


I made this card for someone on the rabbit forum I post on. Last year when her son was born she had two children under the age of one. That must be hard enough for anyone to cope with, but her older child has Charge Syndrome and is in and out of GOSH and is currently in intensive care awaiting another series of operations. Unsurprisingly her Mum is struggling to cope physically and mentally and has had to postpone her own treatment to take care of her two beautiful babies.
I felt she needed a card to remind her that she is doing an amazing job, even if it doesn't feel like it and this set from Stamping Bella had the perfect sentiment and featured rabbits as a bonus! I stamped the image in memento tuxedo back and struggled to get the sentiment straight, but eventually got halfway there and so coloured it in using copics. I cut out the panel with Simon Says Stamps stitched rectangles and cut a mat out of gold Miri card. I used some coordination card for the green base and also to die cut some Sue Wilson Camellias. I shaped the flowers on my foam mat with a ball tool and stuck them on with pinflair glue gel. I added some dazzlers from eBay to the centres of the flowers and scribbled on them with my copics to make them match the flowers. Hopefully, it will make her smile.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, the image is adorable and your colouring of it is lovely. Such a thoughtful gesture too, I'm sure it will be received and cherished and hopefully bring the recipient some idea that she is not alone and that people care.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute image Cara and a lovely idea to give to your friend to remind her of what a great job she is doing. She sounds like a brilliant mum with tough times ahead. I'm sure she'll love the card and the thought that went into it for her.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x