Saturday 15 April 2017

Flower Challenge - Halfway Reminder


Gosh, halfway through April already! That means we're also halfway through our current sketch challenge over at the Flower Challenge.
We have a great sketch for you to use this month, just remember to make sure that flowers are the main focus of your card.
I used a 5x7 card base and made a mat out of some super sparkly wrapping paper that I bought at Christmas and then added a smaller rectangle of white card on top of it. I found this silver plastic ribbon with inset diamanté in my stash, so I snipped it down to a width and length I was happy with and added it with some cosmic shimmer glue. I die cut some of the wrapping paper with the middle sized flower and a leaf die from the Heartfelt Creations Delicate Aster set. The wrapping paper has a plastic coating on it which my cut n boss struggled to cut, until I added in the metal shim plate and then it cut into that like butter. I cut two of the flowers and layered them up, offsetting the petals to give a fuller flower. Because I was sticking them on a bumpy surface, I used my glue gun to stick the flower and leaves onto the card. I added a pearl embellishment from my stash to the centre of the flower to finish. A little on the blingy side, but I thought it would work well as a wedding RSVP as you could die cut the letters out of the wrapping paper and add them to the bottom left of the card. I just need someone to invite me to their wedding now! 

13 comments:

  1. Oh Cara, love this gorgeous, sparkly card, what a beautiful way to use Christmas wrapping paper.
    The band of silver plastic ribbon is a perfect detail, awesome card, teammate.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really striking xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love all the sparkle and the fabulous flower.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Cara huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cara, your comments on my blog have had me in stitches. I bet you are stunning :) I love this card - such a clever use of wrapping paper and so CAS too. I wish I could invite you to something so I could get this as an RSVP. We are now on our way back to London for the Easter Sunday rave up!! Melton was fun, great to see the family and I managed to eat my body weight in Pork Pie (and yes for breakfast too with a mini egg chaser) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is a special card...very eye catching x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOH. . . I've just been over to Aileen's blog and saw this lovely sketch. Definitely going to have a go at it later!

    Your card is BEAUTIFUL.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wrapping paper must be an awesome one!!! Your card is so elegant with lots of bling and glitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how beautiful Cara...so elegant with the silver!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cara this is one stunning card. I love the glitter and sparkle to it. Sorry its taken me so long to get here petal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another super and sparkly card Cara, love it ! so sorry I am late commenting this timee ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is so gorgeous and sparkly and your flower is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x