Thursday 18 August 2016

For you



Almost the weekend, is it just me or has this been a long week? Managed to cobble this card together tonight. I started to assemble it on Sunday when I was rummaging through the bits to be made into cards box/pile/dumping ground and I got as far as die cutting the pixie powder background and black mat with tattered lace pin dot squares, before promptly losing the bird. It must have flown off somewhere before returning to roost tonight! Apologies for the dodgy photographs, I was trying to capture the shimmer and the artificial light is making the card darker and the white base card, pinky.
I stuck the two layers down with foam tape and then added the clarity bird which had previously been stamped on watercolour paper and fussy cut. The die for the sentiment was still on my desk, so I cut it out of black card and added it. I decided to finish off with a few drops of ranger enamel accents in black. It does seem to be very gloopy, maybe it's just my bottle, and tends to leave a stringy trail if you're not careful. I may revisit the dots and add a little more to make them more equal, or I may put it in the box once dry and ignore it...
I'm back to playing catch up on my comments, so, apologies if I haven't visited you yet, I'm on my way! 

13 comments:

  1. Superb background and a lovely image.
    This week has flown for me as it has been the last week of having my Daughter home from Australia, she has gone back today, if I have missed commenting it was due to her visit, normal service will be resumed from now on.
    Have a good weekend.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cobbled! I wish I could make as beautiful card as this by cobbling one together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Cara. Beautiful image and I can really see the shimmer of the gorgeous background on the second photo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara, I agree it has been a long week. Your card is great for one that was cobbled together from your scrap pile! The bird looks like it would work well with steampunk themed cards too. Have a great weekend... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Cara, your card is really beautiful, your cobbled togetherness has turned out brilliantly. Gorgeous colours and design.
    Never mind it's Friday now, so hopefully a couple of days to enjoy yourself and rest up, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Cara, I'm glad you took that second photo so we can see the amazing shimmer, wow!! That is beautiful, and what an incredible background for your stunning bird! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous shiny background and loving that bird stamp, very eye catching x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cara, loving your background, it really works so well with your wee birdie.
    A super card.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely card Cara. I love your background. The shimmer is gorgeous. It looks like pixie powders. What a lovely bird stamp too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh that's a beautiful background you created, gorgeous colouring on your birdie too!
    My black enamel accents is definitely gloopier and not as easy to use as the other colours, must be the black pigment or something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's seriously beautiful and right up my street, so to speak Cara! Love the background and love the bird, in fact that set is on my wish list lol! Just fabulous card art! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh my goodness what a stunner. That bird looks like its alcohol inks on glossy cardstock, your watercolouring is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x