Saturday 26 March 2016

Twofers - shoes



The challenge over at Twofers is shoes. Now I wanted to take part as they are such a fab group over there, but shoes? Now the only things I own that involve shoes are a CD-ROM which I think is currently in the storage lockup and a freebie tattered lace shoe die that came with crafts beautiful magazine and which is um..I have absolutely no idea where it is.
I then remembered that creative expressions did a series of silhouette stamps with girly sentiments one of which was a Marilyn Monroe quote about shoes. So I set to rummaging. I think I have all the stamp sets apart from that one! Then inspiration struck, if I stamped the image and then added cosmic shimmer glue and glittered just her shoes, would that count? I swapped the sentiments over as I thought that sentiment worked better with this image to highlight the shoes. The shoes have turned out a bit Dorothy, but I wanted a strong colour to stand out against the black and red was the only bright glitter I had. Hopefully the second image shows the sparkle better. I used Simon says stamps stitched rectangles and added a bit of faux stitching to the shaped card blank.
Twofers people - feel free to delete me from the challenge if you don't think I've met the theme. I had fun playing about anyway!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! I love it - those Ruby Slippers are fab. The sentiment is great too, it made me laugh out loud. A great creative take on our challenge. Thanks for joining in at Twofers.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously girly card - every girl needs a pair of red shoes! Thank you for following my bog - I'm now your newest follower aswell!

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card! The sentiment is so perfect.
    Thanks you for becoming a follower of my blog, and I have returned the favor.........enjoyed all the makes on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Cara, great idea. Love those shoes.

    Crafty hugs Pen x

    http://groovyquail.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that work for little old us! We are honoured and it is a brilliant card. Thank you for all your hard work and sharing with us at Twofers. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cara
    Finally managed to pop over and see your lovely work.
    This really made me smile. Showed hubby and he had that knowing look on his face lol!
    Terrific fun card.
    Have a great Easter weekend.
    Ang :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a fabulous card!! Love the red shoes!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cara, lovely card looks a bit like Dorothy, I wondered if you would like to link it up here too
    http://houseofcardschallenge.blogspot.com.au/2016/03/march-challenge-silhouette.html
    not sure how much longer it lasts.

    Have a very Happy Easter... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bwahahaha! I totally laughed out loud at this sediment, Cara! I love, love, love this card!! Happy Easter!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sentiment Cara, it made me smile. Love how you've added the shoes to the lady silhouette, just perfect. They make me want to click my heels and say,"there's no place like home!"

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x