Thursday 24 March 2016

Bah Humbug


The theme over at 52 Christmas card throwdown this week is to use a funny sentiment. Given that the sum total of Christmas cards made this year is um, one. I thought I'd challenge myself to double it!
I'm hoping that this card meets the criteria as it's just a bad pun, rather than funny!
I used the Hobby Arts Baa Humbug stamp set (they have an Easter sale, 15% off clear stamps, just saying). I stamped one of the grumpy sheep direct onto a 4" square card and then stamped the Christmas lights on him and some tufts of grass. I coloured him in with my copics so I added an insert to hide the bleed through. I wanted to give him that proper English winter look to really annoy him and so left the grass green with just a dusting of snow collecting on the sheep and grass with a mix of flower soft polar white and glitter jewels glitter. I added some glossy accents to his eyes, stamped the sentiment from the set and squiggled a border with a fine liner pen. Ta dah! Doubled the number of Christmas cards made to 2!
Dare I confess I was walking around the house making sheep noises whilst photographing this? Just as well Hubby was at work really...

13 comments:

  1. Brilliant card. His expression just creases me up. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Cara. I love how you've put snow all over his back. It's a really funny card.

    As you spotted I got bought this set at the NEC. My neighbours have pet sheep and I know they'll be amused when they get our card at Christmas.Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara, a gorgeous Christmas card love the grumpy looking sheep coated in snow, I made a similar card with 'Fleece Navidad' as the sentiment... have a happy Easter... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the look of that sheep and the sentiment is so perfect. Brilliant card.

    So glad you like your new sparkly pens. Thanks for sharing the Haribo. Nom, nom, nom!

    Happy Easter

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has to be one of my favourite Christmas images, I just love the look on the sheep's face and it works so well with the sentiment. It never fails to make me smile. You've coloured it in beautifully too:) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. très fun cette carte Cara, elle est tout a fait dans le thème, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love him, a perfect Christmas card in my books. Great added sparkle sorry snow!
    Hugs Erika. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! Love his grumpy expression! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha love it! It's really adorable:)
    Thanks for sharing it at 52CCT :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha what a fab grumpy sheep! Love the snow on his back too :)
    Probably best not to mention to anyone you were Baaa'ing round the house LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pleased you joined in on this challenge! I love the sheep - the expression on its face is just fab and super sentiment too. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how funny! Love this card. Thanks for joining us at 52 CCt
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cara, this is cracking me up and now I want to buy the stamp! Two Christmas cards?! Now you are just showing off. Cx p.s Baaaaa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x