Friday 22 January 2016

Oldie Friday

I thought I'd join Erika for Oldie Friday again this week, where we share makes from our archives. I figured I might be done by trade descriptions soon as I promised in my blog header some baking and haven't shared any, so today we have cake!
I was asked to make some vanilla cupcakes for a colleague's daughters birthday. The brief was pink and purple butterflies and flowers. I found the perfect cases in tesco and coloured some fondant and used cutters to cut out the flowers. Apparently they went down very well!
My mum is a great cake decorator, she made her own wedding cake with very intricate shell work on it, I also made my own wedding cake, but as I knocked it up in 4 evenings after work, it was hardly to the same standard. Mum was often asked to make celebration cakes as I was growing up and so she taught me to pipe, practising with left over royal icing on the back of a plate. It's a skill that has come in handy over the years and brings back many happy memories when I get a piping bag in my hands.
I hope you all have a great day and a wonderful weekend.


3 comments:

  1. Your cakes look really yummy Cara and very pretty too. Not what I want to be looking at while I'm trying to lose some weight. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh me Cara, I want CAKE now. Yours look very yummy and are decorated brilliantly. It must have been fab to do your own wedding cake too.
    Thanks for joining me in sharing an oldie this weekend, have a good one.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cupcakes look so yummy Cara, and decorated beautifully too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x